Friday 11 April 2014

A great story of Ben Stafford Rodgers and his dog Bandit from Texas

The story of Ben and Bandit "Finding and being found”
Hi Ben, thanks for sending us the pictures of Ben. What’s your mutt’s name – and how did he join your family?

Bandit
“His name is Bandit, and his arrival at my house is something of a mystery. I have had him for about ten years now, and the night he made his entrance, I was sitting in the car trying to get decent cell reception. I was talking to a relative on the west coast, and I had my boot on the light button to keep it dark, and in the boonies where I live it was! Now, there I was carrying on a conversation when something brushed against my leg. I couldn't see what it was so a yelled HYAA! GET OUTA HERE!!! I had no clue what it was, and at midnight out in the sticks it could have been anything! 
When I switched the light on, there was this dog. He looked at me like he recognized me. He wagged his tail, lay down next to the car and would not leave. He has been with me ever since. He has been a great pal, and if I have one complaint, he is a bed hog, and he snores… a small price to pay for a pal.

That´s a great story! I am sure both of you are lucky to have met this night. Now I am curious to hear the story of Bandit sitting on the stagecoach. Was it a special occasion?

“I was a Wells Fargo stagecoach driver from 1999 to 2011 and Bandit is the only dog I know to have ridden in one of the coaches during a parade. We couldn't board him, so I told the bank reps that he was ‘Black Bart the Bandit’ and he rode during the Thanksgiving Day Parade in El Paso! “



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.